Monday, October 10, 2016

Journal #2: Affinity Groups

Within Digg I joined a few new/different Affinity Groups, including:

I actually joined multiple feeds consisting of each of the above mentioned topics, but what is noted above are the main links within the RSS feeds saved.

I think I'd like to spend a little more time with the Digg feeds to see how this technology might be beneficial.  I do not find this application to be a "be all" for information.  On a personal level I subscribe to Facebook groups consisting of Girl Scout leader boards, yet Digg does not have something similar to this, which means that I'll need to maintain that FB group feed.  I also subscribe to professional groups on LinkedIn, yet those feeds to no appear on Digg either.  It appears to be yet another network to filter information.  I recently downloaded the app, and although the app has terrible ratings, I'm interested to see if the app will help to bring new information into my day-to-day life.

Ideally it'd be nice to have all of these information feeds on one platform; yet currently the only "platform" being used to funnel all of this information is my iPhone.

Q1)  What is the best platform to maintain observed affinity groups?
A1)   At this point in time, there is not one combined platform to observe affinity groups.

Q2)  What affinity group is worth following?
A1)  The internet is loaded with both useful and useless information.  As a subscriber it is best to make your own individual judgement to decide which group is best to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to take a moment to amend my above blog posting. After downloading the Digg app I was able to find the content much more useful. For me the iPhone app is easier to review and read while I am walking to-and-from a class, riding in an elevator, or drying my hair in the morning. The mobile devices are, in a sense, an extension of our communication that is always with us. With the app I am more likely to stay tuned with this type of affinity group.

    ReplyDelete